The deadline for symposium and workshop proposals is 30 November 2023.
Submitters will be informed of acceptance on 18 December 2023.
Please note that the presenters and the symposium/workshop organisers, if the submission is accepted for presentation, must register as a NCGP2024 congress onsite participant and pay the registration fee by 31 March 2024.
Congress participants are invited to propose self-organised symposiums on a particular topic. The length of a Symposium is 90 minutes, including three or more papers on the same topic to be presented in the same session.
Participants are invited to propose self-organised workshops which may have an explicit agenda of training participants on a given topic, or of generating a network for future collaboration. Workshops are intended to be thoroughly interactive with sufficient time preserved for discussion. Include a description of the content and how it will be covered. The length of a Workshop is 90 minutes, including paper presentations and discussion.
Please provide on the proposal form:
- Symposium/workshop title, main organiser, co-organisers (name, affiliation)
- A short description of your proposed symposium/workshop (max. 150 words).
If the proposal is accepted, the description will be used on the congress website and app.
- Invited presentations (abstract titles, presenters, affiliations).
The scientific committee can propose additional presentations from the accepted oral presentations to fill the available slots in the symposium/workshop if requested.
Please note that after the symposium/workshop proposal has been accepted, presenters are still required to go through the regular NCGP abstract submission process via the Oxford Abstracts online submission system (this instruction also applies to workshops which have presentations and the presenters wish to have their abstracts to be published among other congress abstracts). On the Oxford Abstracts submission form (instructions and link below), they are asked to write the name of the symposium/workshop to which they are submitting the abstract.
Congress participants are invited to submit abstracts of original research for oral and poster presentation. The deadline for abstract submission is 15 January 2024.
Authors need to be aware of patient confidentiality before submitting abstracts for publication. Each participant may submit a maximum of 2 abstracts as a presenting author.
The submitter must be an investigator with substantial involvement in the study presented, and with the right to submit the abstract and present the study.
Abstracts are submitted via the Oxford Abstracts online submission system.
- Register to Oxford Abstracts to submit (using the submission link below).
- After submission, you can sign in again later and amend your submission until the final submission deadline.
- Note that uncompleted abstracts will not be reviewed.
- Abstract must be written and presented in clear and concise English.
The abstract will appear exactly as typed. Therefore, any errors in spelling, grammar or scientific facts will be reproduced as typed.
- On the submission form, select preferred type of presentation (final decisions are made by the Scientific Committee). If you are submitting for a particular symposium or workshop, please provide the name of the organiser and/or the name of the symposium/workshop.
- Abstract title should contain no more than 150 characters with spaces.
Capitalize the first letter of the first word, then lowercase.
- Abstract text should contain no more than 300 words (no lists or references).
- Structure of the abstract (oral/poster/symposium) using subheadings:
Background, Methods, Results and Conclusions.
Subheadings for workshop abstracts: Background, Aim and learning objectives, Methods and timetable, Conclusions.
- List authors and affiliations, also mark the presenting author (tick box).
- Select one abstract topic and one subtopic from the list on the submission form.
- Click ”submit” to complete the abstract submission.
- Please note that by submitting your abstract to congress, you agree to transfer ownership of copyright for the abstract and its content to the 23rd Nordic Congress of General Practice in order to enable publication in the congress app and on the congress website (after the congress).
- Please note that abstract acceptance correspondence will be sent to the submitter only and to the email you have used to sign into the abstract system. Possible later correspondence and general information will be sent to the presenting author as well (if submitter is not the presenter), email requested on the submission form. Remember to inform email@example.com in case you wish to change the presenting author.
- Please note that all presentations take place onsite in Turku.
All submissions will undergo a blind peer review of the Scientific Committee of NCGP2024.
Notification of acceptance will be sent to the abstract submitter only (and to the email used to sign into the Oxford Abstract system) by 28 February 2024.
Note that the abstract presenter, if the abstract is accepted for presentation, must register as a NCGP2024 congress onsite participant and pay the registration fee by 31 March 2024.
A 10 minutes presentation and 5 minutes for questions from the audience, in parallel sessions.
Posters will be presented onsite at the congress venue. In addition, there is an option for an electronic poster in the congress app. More detailed instructions will be available later. Accepted abstracts not invited for oral presentation will be invited for a poster presentation.
More detailed instructions for presenters will be available later.
If you have any questions about the submission process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and remember to quote your abstract reference number in any communication with us.
If you have any questions relating to the scientific content, please contact email@example.com